Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0048nf

I can't install an OS on my laptop OMEN by HP - 15-dc0048nf.

I plug an USB to install Windows 10 and I had a blue screen with a error message:

Selected boot image did not authenticate. Press ENTER to continue

I've been trying various options including:

- Removing battery and pressing POWER for a while.

- Changing BIOS settings: (Disable Secure boot and Enable Legacy mode.

I could access to Hardware testing and performed a memory check. It resulted with hp failure id:

GLMBMT-9JA901-MFPW3F-40HX03

which I believe is related to RAM.
So I tried to displace the RAM stick to the other slot. But the issue is still there. I first thought that the RAM stick was damaged and that I would need to replace it.

So I also tried to insert this RAM stick to another computer, but it works fine.

What should I do now ?

EDIT :
I also inserted two different RAM coming from a 100%-sure working laptop and the error is still the same.

From HP Customer Support - Service Center (https://support.hp.com/gb-en/eas/failureid) I learnt that the diagnostic report is:

Failure details - Memory Test:

A memory module (RAM) is not working and may need to be replaced. Remove any added memory and re-test.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I managed to reinstall an OS by changing the USB stick. For some reason, the first one was faulty, even nothing pointed this way. Everything went fine with a brand new USB stick.

I still wonder why the memory check accused the memory module...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@alp7 

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do.  The error message details don't tell us anything beyond indicating a failed memory "module".  Since the stick appears to work in another PC, that indicates an underlying memory hardware failure in your PC -- and that is not something you can fix on your own.  You could try using a different memory stick, but my guess it that it would present the same problem.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I managed to reinstall an OS by changing the USB stick. For some reason, the first one was faulty, even nothing pointed this way. Everything went fine with a brand new USB stick.

I still wonder why the memory check accused the memory module...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.