cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Error: Selected boot image did not authenticate. Press ENTER to continue

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0048nf

I can't install an OS on my laptop OMEN by HP - 15-dc0048nf.

I plug an USB to install Windows 10 and I had a blue screen with a error message:

Selected boot image did not authenticate. Press ENTER to continue

I've been trying various options including:

- Removing battery and pressing POWER for a while.

- Changing BIOS settings: (Disable Secure boot and Enable Legacy mode.

I could access to Hardware testing and performed a memory check. It resulted with hp failure id:

GLMBMT-9JA901-MFPW3F-40HX03

which I believe is related to RAM.
So I tried to displace the RAM stick to the other slot. But the issue is still there. I first thought that the RAM stick was damaged and that I would need to replace it.

So I also tried to insert this RAM stick to another computer, but it works fine.

What should I do now ?

EDIT :
I also inserted two different RAM coming from a 100%-sure working laptop and the error is still the same.

From HP Customer Support - Service Center (https://support.hp.com/gb-en/eas/failureid) I learnt that the diagnostic report is:

Failure details - Memory Test:

A memory module (RAM) is not working and may need to be replaced. Remove any added memory and re-test.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,128 26,061 2,388 5,668
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@alp7 

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do.  The error message details don't tell us anything beyond indicating a failed memory "module".  Since the stick appears to work in another PC, that indicates an underlying memory hardware failure in your PC -- and that is not something you can fix on your own.  You could try using a different memory stick, but my guess it that it would present the same problem.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I managed to reinstall an OS by changing the USB stick. For some reason, the first one was faulty, even nothing pointed this way. Everything went fine with a brand new USB stick.

I still wonder why the memory check accused the memory module...

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation