Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,

I did a factory restore on my laptop, ( that erases everything, personal files and takes it back to when I first got the laptop ) ok now, I sold this to a friend and she went through the whole setup process,  after I did  the factory restore, Everything was great, Now she told me the next day,  when she first turned on the laptop, that it asked her for a PIN number from a person named Kiki Moreales, my name is not Kiki, her name is not Kiki. So why would it bring that name up as the administrator? I have no idea who that person is, and she said either did she.. if that was the case, why didn’t that come up at anytime, when she was going through the setup process?

I feel she is trying to get over on me.. so now I can’t get into the laptop and either can she, because it asks for a Kiki Moreales PIN number. So what do you think? I know she inputed that name and pin, because I know I didn’t do it. So PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EXPERT ADVICE, WHO IS IN THE WRONG? ME OR HER? Thank You..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Laninfrankie215 

You are correct in that a factory reset will erase the entire drive -- so even if that account did exist, it would have been removed by the reset.

You're not wrong in what you did -- but I'm at a loss to explain how the other account got created.

My suggestion is that you do another factory reset and when that is done, have your friend do the setup and create their own account.  I would expect that this time, that other account will not appear.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Laninfrankie215 

You are correct in that a factory reset will erase the entire drive -- so even if that account did exist, it would have been removed by the reset.

You're not wrong in what you did -- but I'm at a loss to explain how the other account got created.

My suggestion is that you do another factory reset and when that is done, have your friend do the setup and create their own account.  I would expect that this time, that other account will not appear.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.