Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15z-cw100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

13725D6F-C388-47C2-A030-A261CDD2C8C6.jpeg

27CAC7AE-B943-4475-950B-5D79172CA4DB.jpeg

B05DC31F-CC71-439E-8ECE-5635628B698E.jpeg

I updated BIOS as prompted by HP assistant but as it went through its setup stages. My screen even flickered for almost or over a minute as prompted I imagined it to be a regular process. After that it restarted but the BIOS update failed and my laptop now continuously performer BIOS update/recovery in a loop. It says writing BIOS image then verifies but fails to verify and then restarts and starts the same step again. I have tried restarting. Then cold/powerbooting, followed that with press and hold win+b + power button hold 2-3 sec, and press hold win+v +power button hold 2-3. After trying each of above mentioned options it keeps going back to the same BIOS recovery loop.

I then also tried power and F1,F2,F8,F9,F12 button still keeps taking to the same recovery loop.

I am not able to access boot menu at all as I have already made a recovery USB stick (bootable) by downloading HP cloud recovery app.

is there a specific way or any way I can acces boot me ur so I can boot my laptop with the help of USB stick I made?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

absolutely i have same issue. I send the pc  service and wait for it, do u have any solution ?

HP Recommended

I have not found any solution to the issue. I had multiple support sessions with HPSUPPORTASSISTANT (via WhatsApp) but they weren’t able to solve it and advised me to take it to service center. I personally had to drop it to a third party repair center they haven’t been able to pinpoint the issue yet. They say SSD card is fine but if the swap it for a new one the display doesn’t work, with the same SSD it keeps going on the same loop. So it’s been a frustrating experience. Unfortunately where I am there is only third party authorised repair centre so they say it will take at least couple of months for warranty claim for any replacement parts (which I am really annoyed about. I could have courierd my laptop instead to designated country for quicker turnaround time.)

it would be handy if you could share the trouble shooting/repair done on your laptop if you have your repair  done quicker and earlier. I could probably share that information with the repair center here.

HP Recommended

ı found same case like us and most of them had to replace  motherboard. ı will share any solution if they can .

HP Recommended

ı got feedback from service, They found motherboard failure and they are going to replace mobo.

HP Recommended

Hey Thanks for the update. I’ll follow up with the repair center since this is not an isolated issue they should replace motherboard as per warranty terms.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.