Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7 notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I was having trouble with my laptop so I hard reset it and when it was done resetting to its factory state, it said that i had to have a disk for windows. But I never got a disk or anything like that, it said that If I didn’t have the disk, to contact my system administrator or the manufacturer, so I’m contacting y’all. What do I do?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Potato_laptop69 

<Sigh>  Every time I read one of these Factory-Reset-Failed posts I cringe and continue to wonder why everyone seems to think a factory reset is a miracle cure when, in many cases, it only serves to make things worse!

You really should NOT have done that -- because HP no longer supplies recovery media for Win7 era PCs.  So, there is no way to get media from HP you can use to restore your PC.

In addition, both MS and the only sites also no longer supply media for Win7.

So, unless someone comes along with a site that DOES supply that media, you are stuck.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, I looked it up on here and on YouTube and it was said that it would work. I really am stuck now because i have no idea what to do. Thank you for the information though. 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.