Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy 15 r030wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I got a message that my win10 was out of date. So I agreed to the update.The screen started to flicker. I got an error message:9U0BTA-7JP879-PXPH7F-60QMO8. PLEASE I NEED HELP. I tried about every thing, system restore doesn't help.I put it in safe mode and still no help. I thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Gee-k,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More .

I grasp that you were advised that you needed to be updated. When you attempted to do the update the display screen flickered and you received the error code 9U0BTA-7JP879-PXPH7F-60QMO8. When I checked the code, the hard drive has failed the short test. This tells us the hard drive is failing. As you have tried a system restore and booting into safe mode without success. The hard drive will need to be replaced. As you are not able to access the drive, should you need to try and get data off of it, you can try installing it as a secondary drive or into an external case. This may or may not allow you to retrieve the data. Should you decide to replace the hard drive yourself, here is a link to the maintenance and service guide. HP 15 Notebook PC HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC Compaq 15 Notebook PC Compaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook P...  Please note chapter 3, page 19, item 12 for the recommended replacements. Removal and replacement instructions please see Chapter 4. page 59.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Gee-k,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More .

I grasp that you were advised that you needed to be updated. When you attempted to do the update the display screen flickered and you received the error code 9U0BTA-7JP879-PXPH7F-60QMO8. When I checked the code, the hard drive has failed the short test. This tells us the hard drive is failing. As you have tried a system restore and booting into safe mode without success. The hard drive will need to be replaced. As you are not able to access the drive, should you need to try and get data off of it, you can try installing it as a secondary drive or into an external case. This may or may not allow you to retrieve the data. Should you decide to replace the hard drive yourself, here is a link to the maintenance and service guide. HP 15 Notebook PC HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC Compaq 15 Notebook PC Compaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook P...  Please note chapter 3, page 19, item 12 for the recommended replacements. Removal and replacement instructions please see Chapter 4. page 59.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.