Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
laptop 15s-fq2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I received a computer with windows 10 family and I want to install win10 pro. So I format on DOS only now when I want to install win10 with a bootable key, while installing I don't see the Nvme hard drive.
He's asking me for a pilot for the nvme kioxia.
Do I need to update the bios or do I have a driver for the nvme?
Cordially

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

W10 does not have the storage controller drivers needed to see the drive on notebooks with the Intel 11th gen core processors.

You need to add the storage drivers during the W10 installation...

See the info at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-f2000-laptop-pc-series/35900344/model/35900346/document/c...

Here is the link to the driver you need...

This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology is designed to provide functionality for the Intel Storage Controllers. The driver improves Serial ATA (SATA) disk performance with Native Command Queuing.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111660.exe

There is another thing I don't understand in that document, and that is where HP tells you to right click on the Intel driver file and select Extract to

When I ran through the steps, I don't get an Extract to option when I right click on the file.

So, if you have the same issue, download and install the free 7-zip file utility from the link below.

The 2nd file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

7-Zip (7-zip.org)

Then you can right click on the exe file, select 7-Zip from the menu, and select Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp111660), and copy that folder to your USB flash drive, and continue with the instructions.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the method.
Now I would like to be able to install windows 10 pro but each time it installs Home.
Why plz ?

I tried upgrading windows 10 home to 10 pro but it encountered an error

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The reason for that is because the W10 Home product key in the BIOS trumps every other product key, so when you try to clean install W10 Pro, you get W10 Home every time because it doesn't ask for a product key.

So, the only way you can upgrade to W10 Pro if you have a W10 Pro product key is to do this...

Upgrade using a Windows 10 Pro product key

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation .

2. Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character Windows 10 Pro product key.

3. Select Next to start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

I tried upgrading windows 10 home to 10 pro but it encountered an error

HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend that you contact Microsoft and get help with any errors because I do not know of any other way to get W10 Pro to install when there is a W10 Home product key in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Maybe my key can't migrate from home to pro?
Is it possible to update the bios (f09) to prevent this from blocking me?

HP Recommended

It is supposed to work that way.

Here is the document from Microsoft that explains it.

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro (microsoft.com)

HP Recommended

I will dig into the subject but as my system is up to date .....
Do you have an official bios for me?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes...here is the link to the driver page for your notebook's model series...

Ordinateur portable HP - 15s-fq2000 Téléchargements de logiciels et de pilotes | Assistance clientèl...

Looks like BIOS version F.09 is the latest one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.