Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-bw0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a computer that was given to me to work on today. The hard drive was bad so I installed a new hard drive. When I attempt to boot from Win10 install media I would get a fuzzy screen like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/qa4dki/hp_laptop_weird_fuzzy_screen_when_trying_to/

So I pulled the hard drive and installed it on a different system. I was able to install  Win10 on the drive. I installed the drive into the computer I am writing the post about and again I get the fuzzy screen when attempting to boot from the hard drive with Win10 installed on it.

I then attempted to boot from a Linux USB install media. No issue whatsoever.

During research I read that it was a BIOS issue and to update the BIOS. How do I do that when I cannot boot the system?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

That notebook model series has that problem with the fuzzy screen.