Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-r033tx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Please help me..

I am getting error code 0xC0000005 while installing fresh copy of windows 8.1 x64

When the installation process arrives at 87% every time I get the error code saying that installation can not be done.

I can not install windows 8.1 x64 version on my laptop.

please tell me how to solve the problem and install windows 8.1 x64 version on my laptop.

I tried with dvd-rom and usb as well, but the result is same..just stuck at 87%...can not be installed....

how to overcome it...please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Achintya-only,

Since the hardware all passed, and it would install a different version of windows without trouble, I would suspect a problem with the Windows 8.1 x64 installation disk. IT may be a good idea to contact Microsoft about this issue.

I did a bit of searching and found this on the Mcrosoft equivalent of this board.

Windows 8.1 Pro (Retail) Installation Fails At Beginning Of Stage 2 With Error Code: 0xC0000005 - answers.microsoft.com

There are some suggestions on this post that you can try.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @Achintya-only

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I see that you are getting an error code, when you try to install Windows 8.1 from USB or DVD. I am happy to assist.

Just to clarify, you are using a standalone Windows installation disk, you are not using a factory recovery image. Is that correct?

Have you run the hardware diagnostics on your notebook? HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎

What operating system was on the system before, and have you made a set of recovery media, for your original factory installation?

Please let me know what you find.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

There was no operating system pre-installed on the laptop, only DOS from the company side. So no recovery media.  I just bought a brand new laptop with DOS.

I was trying to install a fresh copy of windows 8.1 x64 version on the laptop using a standalone Windows installation disk or dvd. I tried to install windows 8.1 x32 version and it was successfully installed on the laptop without any problem. But there is no driver available for x32 version for the above mentioned laptop model on HP website, only x64 version drivers are available. Another thing is, when I installed win 8.1 x32 version, only 2.45 gb RAM was usable out of 4 gb RAM. So I definitely need to install win 8.1 x64 version, because I have the drivers from the HP website.

But I am unable to install win 8.1 x64 on the laptop. So please help me and tell me a way to install win 8.1 x64 on the laptop. I tried to install win 7 x64 also, but again the installation was not successful like win 8.1 x64.

The BIOS version is latest. All the hardwares are working fine. Please tell me what to do.

Thank you in advance and hoping to find a solution.

HP Recommended

@Achintya-only,

Since the hardware all passed, and it would install a different version of windows without trouble, I would suspect a problem with the Windows 8.1 x64 installation disk. IT may be a good idea to contact Microsoft about this issue.

I did a bit of searching and found this on the Mcrosoft equivalent of this board.

Windows 8.1 Pro (Retail) Installation Fails At Beginning Of Stage 2 With Error Code: 0xC0000005 - answers.microsoft.com

There are some suggestions on this post that you can try.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice...

My problem is now solved...

I have installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 version from another source on my laptop successfully...

I just change the istallation disk and used another dvd of win 8.1 x64 and did it...

Now I am going to install all the drivers which I collected and downloaded from the HP Official website...

Thank you very much...

HP Recommended

there is a couple different ways i worked around this,  the 1st is when doing an install delete all partitions of the hard drive , when it asks where you want to install it if that don't work , what i did was install Linux mint (free linux software very cool) after the full install (about 15mins) than reboot with windows disk in, (tell  it to boot from network f12 i think) , after it cant find network it'll ask if you want to boot from cd/dvd hit a button, boot from disk , delete partitions again and then install  windows , KaBlam !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.