Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Every time I turn on my notebook and I try to open Google Chrome this message comes up.1234.jpg

And no matter how many times I click on google chrome it doesn't open. So then I open Internet Explorer trying to find out whats wrong. After 20 minutes google chrome opens up and works all right but when I close it I can't open it again. No matter how many time I try. I don't know what I would need to do.

I would need some help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Emma19

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that when you try to open Google Chrome, it does not open instantly and a message appears saying "Failed to connect to a Windows service". But Chrome will open after 10 minutes. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact computer model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to uninstall Google Chrome and try reinstalling it. These steps will help to uninstall. 

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

• In the Uninstall or change a program window, select the program you want to remove from the list and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change at the top of the program list.

Figure : Select and uninstall unneeded programs

Image of Uninstall/Change selection

• Read and respond to any messages that may open while the software is being removed from your computer.

After Google Chrome is uninstalled, please download and install it. 

If the issue persists then please perform the following steps:

Capture.JPG

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know the outcome. All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Emma19

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that when you try to open Google Chrome, it does not open instantly and a message appears saying "Failed to connect to a Windows service". But Chrome will open after 10 minutes. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact computer model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to uninstall Google Chrome and try reinstalling it. These steps will help to uninstall. 

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

• In the Uninstall or change a program window, select the program you want to remove from the list and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change at the top of the program list.

Figure : Select and uninstall unneeded programs

Image of Uninstall/Change selection

• Read and respond to any messages that may open while the software is being removed from your computer.

After Google Chrome is uninstalled, please download and install it. 

If the issue persists then please perform the following steps:

Capture.JPG

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know the outcome. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

I used the solution 1, rather than uninstalling it and then installing it again. This time when I restarted my notebook I was able to open google chrome, then i closed it to see if I am able to open it again and now it works all right. 

Thanks a lot. 🙂

If I will have any problems I will come back.

HP Recommended

@Emma19

You're welcome. 🙂

I'm glad that it worked and hope it stays that way. I appreciate your efforts.

Take care! 

HP Recommended
Thanks
HP Recommended

@Emma19

You're most welcome. 🙂

Feel free to keep in touch for any further assistance. Take care! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.