Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I need the same thing, recovery media for an HP Envy X2 which my son gave to me. I found this HP Support video on YouTube which shows that recovery media may be ordered from the site hp.com/drivers. However after spending a good deal of time at the site and viewing many different options what seems like the final reply from HP is that "drivers cannot be found" and "warranty ended". I am willing to PAY for recovery media but cannot locate it. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, if your computer works, you don't need any recovery media to reinstall Windows. You can just use Windows's option. Maybe you can find it when just taping "reset this PC" in the Windows search bar. You are in Windows 8 or Windows 10?? 

Or if you can't, you can reboot your PC, and when it is been shut down and will restart, taping F11 key to boot to the Recovery Partition. From here, go to "troubleshooting" and "reset this PC". 

If you really need an external media please tell us the Product Number (P/N) from your PC.
If you need help for find this please check this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, if your computer works, you don't need any recovery media to reinstall Windows. You can just use Windows's option. Maybe you can find it when just taping "reset this PC" in the Windows search bar. You are in Windows 8 or Windows 10?? 

Or if you can't, you can reboot your PC, and when it is been shut down and will restart, taping F11 key to boot to the Recovery Partition. From here, go to "troubleshooting" and "reset this PC". 

If you really need an external media please tell us the Product Number (P/N) from your PC.
If you need help for find this please check this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thank you. You are correct. I was able to restore my Envy X2 using the internal Recovery option. I appreciate your support and help.

HP Recommended

More FYI. The Envy X2 was restored to Windows 8. Following that it did take a bit more online research from which I ran Windows updates. After the laptop sat overnight, I was prompted to download Windows 8.1 which was successful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.