Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After upgrading to the Windows 10 Creators Update (1703), the HP Accelerometer driver does not work properly.

I have tried to reinstall the HP 3D DriveGuard Software (ver 5.2.2.1) on the ProBook 6570b product support website (http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5212928&swLangOid=4&swEnvOid=4192), but it still does not help solve this problem.

Could you please help solve the issue? Since the 3D DriveGuard feature is necessary and critical in my daily work.

Thank you !  

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Having the same problem.. I've uninstalled the accelerometer app and disabled the driver until an updated version is released.

A.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have the same issue.

I tried to use the latest version of the HP 3D DriveGuard Software - sp77869. But got an installation error message.

So, might have to wait for HP to come up with a solution.

HP Recommended

Hi

Got same problem with my EliteBook 2570p after Creator update.

Please provide an update.

HP Recommended

Same problem here with my Elitebook workstation 8570W after fresh install...

The sp71714.exe does not work for me...

But the sp62981.exe works fine(It is designed for win 8.1 but works under windows 10 64 bit creators edition 1703).

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62981.exe

HP Recommended

This worked for me. I downloaded sp78033, extracted the files and then updated the device by manually selecting the inf file via the driver update.

So Device manger, HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor, Driver update, browse my computer for driver software, let me pick from a list.... , have disk, and then browse to where the C:\SWSETUP\SP78033\InstallFiles\Win10\ folder is on your computer. Selct the accelerator.inf file,  Ignore the warning message, install and reboot..

The sp78033 failed to install if left to do an automatic install.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

HP Recommended

Yup... me too ...on an HP Envy. Am not that techie savvy so could somone HP ideally either provide a patch or baby steps to fix this.

INcidentally do HP actually reply to thiese posts? Am new to this.

HP Recommended

Hey there! @Charlaba, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand accelerometer driver is not working on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Download the latest supported Visual C++ on this link and check if it helps.

Also, try updating the drivers from support assist and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! Smiley Happy

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@MrRobot.  Having the same issue with HP 6570b after the Creator's Update.  I uninstalled the 3D Drive Guard software, installed the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, reinstalled 3D Drive Guard software and still have an error under System Devices, HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.