Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Tried DavePK suggestion and it's still showing an error in device manager for HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor.

HP Recommended

You have to select the driver manually.

So right click on Start, Device manger, HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor, Upgate Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, let me pick from a list.... , have disk, and then browse to where the C:\SWSETUP\SP78033\InstallFiles\Win10\ folder is on your computer. Selct the accelerator.inf file, Ignore the warning message, install and reboot..

This worked for me. 

HP Recommended

@AbuEdik.  Thanks, no more error in Device Manager.

HP Recommended

This solution helped me.  However, the folder was not contained on my PC and had to search online for the update and found it.  No more error or incompatibility messages.  Many thanks.

HP Recommended

how have you unistalled it i can not find it

HP Recommended

Right click on Start, Device manger, System Devices, select HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor, right click, uninstall....

HP Recommended

The very same problem here also. Whenever I start my PC, there comes a pop-up message that HP Accelerometer is not working. May be an update is required.

Please provide the update either through website or through HP Spport Assistant.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I keep getting a message that the Accelerometer has been disabled. (after updating to windows 10).

No idea what this even does.

Modifications on purchase:  had a  Solid State Hard Drive installed.

HP Recommended

@Nolly7

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have an HP computer and after upgrading to Win10, a message appears saying that the Accelerometer has been disabled. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Please let me know the exact computer model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

The HP accelerometer provides the HP 3D DriveGuard Software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

If you do not need the HP accelerometer then you may uninstall it by following the below steps:

• Open windows Control Panel >> open Programs and Features >> right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

• When this has completed, restart the computer.

This software can always be reinstalled from this HP link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81142.exe
Since you're using a solid state hard drive, you may not need though. Because solid state hard drive do not have any moving parts like the traditional hard drives. 

I hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted for any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello. 

my Laptop is a HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC

model  L1M39PA#ABG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.