Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z2 Mini G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I follow the instructions included with SP85318 when I run the Cloud Recovery Tool and format what is labeled as being a 16GB USB drive using default allocation size and FAT32 I end up with a drive that reports having about 14.1GB free space and isn't selectable from the menu in the tool as being a target for the install (the darned PDF file included with this SP shows a screen print of just such a drive (14.1 GB Free) being used successfully!  Has something changed with formatting defaults in newer Win10 builds?  Should I be using a different allocation size or format like exFAT or NTFS?  That doesn't seem to help me.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JoelGarrett 

The different sizes are due to different ways of counting bytes -- the drive will show as 16GB using one method, and about 14GB using the other.  

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Again, when I insert the "16GB" USB drive in the cloud recovery tool (sp85318) I am prompted to format the drive and when the format is complete, no matter how I try selecting various formatting options I end up with an error saying that the cloud recovery tool failed to repartition the USB drive.  What option/s should I be using to get this to work successfully (device is running Windows 10 enterprise build 18363

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.