Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 - j028tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i upgraded to windows 10 and the fingerprint driver stopped working. i decided to install the new driver from the hp drivers site and after installing the new driver it shows a yeow symbol in the device manager and is still not working. my notebook came with a hp simple pass series 6(version 6.02) and after upgrading to windows 10 i have lost the program. is there any way i can fix the yellow symbol on the fingerprint driver in the device manager under biometric devices?
the driver is Synaptics FP sensor (WBF) (PID=0050).

please help me because i really need my fingerprint to work

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Envy-15

You might be able to use this Validity Sensor Driver:

sp72114 Validity Sensor V 4.5.289.0 W7Pro/64bit WT/64bit

In general, Series 6 HP SimplePass can run on Windows 10.  It was, and continues to be, robust and sturdy code.

If you have truly lost the Series 6 HP SimplePass program AND if you do not have an Export of your Webcards (website / password backup) -- then you might decide to switch to the newer, and still supported, Series 8 HP SimplePass program.

Series 8 HP SimplePass is not an "upgrade" from the older Series 6 version of the program; it is different code - that is, a completely different rendition of the SimplePass product.

Series 8 HP SimplePass is written by Softex.

Series 6 HP SimplePass was written by AuthenTec.

You may, of course, decide to try and run Series 6 HP SimplePass; the program may run with your newer Validity Sensor Driver.

Series 6 HP SimplePass:

sp63224 HP SimplePass V6.0.100.276 Win7-8

Series 8 HP SimplePass:

sp71729 HP SimplePass V8.01.46A W7-W10 32/64bit

General rules:

Pay attention to the Order of Events when (re)installing your driver and / or software:

• Sign-in Options matter – if the system supports Native Windows fingerprint logon, you must assign and configure a PIN to enable the fingerprint sign-in
  • Validity Sensor Driver First >> Reboot
  • SimplePass Software Next >> Reboot

Reference:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

Section

Not Quite Rubbish – Windows 10

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Envy-15

You might be able to use this Validity Sensor Driver:

sp72114 Validity Sensor V 4.5.289.0 W7Pro/64bit WT/64bit

In general, Series 6 HP SimplePass can run on Windows 10.  It was, and continues to be, robust and sturdy code.

If you have truly lost the Series 6 HP SimplePass program AND if you do not have an Export of your Webcards (website / password backup) -- then you might decide to switch to the newer, and still supported, Series 8 HP SimplePass program.

Series 8 HP SimplePass is not an "upgrade" from the older Series 6 version of the program; it is different code - that is, a completely different rendition of the SimplePass product.

Series 8 HP SimplePass is written by Softex.

Series 6 HP SimplePass was written by AuthenTec.

You may, of course, decide to try and run Series 6 HP SimplePass; the program may run with your newer Validity Sensor Driver.

Series 6 HP SimplePass:

sp63224 HP SimplePass V6.0.100.276 Win7-8

Series 8 HP SimplePass:

sp71729 HP SimplePass V8.01.46A W7-W10 32/64bit

General rules:

Pay attention to the Order of Events when (re)installing your driver and / or software:

• Sign-in Options matter – if the system supports Native Windows fingerprint logon, you must assign and configure a PIN to enable the fingerprint sign-in
  • Validity Sensor Driver First >> Reboot
  • SimplePass Software Next >> Reboot

Reference:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

Section

Not Quite Rubbish – Windows 10

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Hello! I have had a similar problem, tried installing Hp simple pass but nothing worked. windows Hello didnt even show up. After extensive research i have found the solution: Steps: 1. Go to DEVCE MANAGER 2. Click the arrow next to BIOMETRIC DEVICES 3. Right Click on VALIDY SENSORS and pres PROPERTIES 4. Go to DRIVER tab 5. Select UPDATE DRIVER 6. Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE 7. Select LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF DEVICE DRIVERS ON MY COMPUTER 6. Select the older driver, the one that is not highlighted. Press next 7. Windows Hello should appear in sign option in settings Hope it helps 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello friend (Kayemmay), I just want to say a big thank you on behalf of all those that have suffered the numerous shortcomings of windows OS. I know it isn't easy to keep track of such a robust operating system. Never the less thank you very, very, very, very, very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion seemed to do the trick for me. I am forever greatful.

HP Recommended

Any mirror of the old driver?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.