Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've had my Hp envy m6 notebook about a year now and I recently cleaned it out to make it run faster and fix up some other stuff. On accident, I believe that I uninstalled the program entitled 'Validity WBF DDK'.  Immediatley i realized that my fingerprint scanner was not working.  I went into the HP Utility Center and reinstalled the driver for the program, but it does not seem to work. I even erased my fingerprints and rescanned them.  That did not work though.  At first the scanner light used to light up, but nothing even shows up now.  The light does not turn on and when I try to log in, I get a messaage that says "An error occurred preventing the use of your fingerprint credentials". 

It's not that important, but I upsets me that I cant get it work anymore.

Someone please help, please and thank you!

-Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Get your full Model number or Product number from the Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop (may be under battery)

Once you have the info, use the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Software & drivers" from the menu. Enter your Product Number. After entering PN click 'Go". On the next page use the dropdown menu to select your Operating System, click Next. A list will populate with drivers/software. Download the latest Validity Driver and HP SimplePass software.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Get your full Model number or Product number from the Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop (may be under battery)

Once you have the info, use the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Software & drivers" from the menu. Enter your Product Number. After entering PN click 'Go". On the next page use the dropdown menu to select your Operating System, click Next. A list will populate with drivers/software. Download the latest Validity Driver and HP SimplePass software.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I appreciate your help, but this still did not solve my problem. The fingerprint scanner still doesn't light up when I swipe my finger, and I can't enroll my fingerprint onto simplepass. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Installing both of the requested items solved my problem.

HP Recommended

It worked perfectly!

I used your v. 8.1 version, since you don't have the Windows 10 version, but it worked!

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.