Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

After windows 11 force BIOS update my HP probook 450 G5 not post .

caps lock blink 3 times long and 2 times sort .

Any help please ?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

There are a few different means to attempt recovery of the BIOS

Try recovering the BIOS first.

Create an HP Recovery flash drive.

Get your previous version BIOS file from software and drivers portal at the hyper link below

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g5-notebook-pc/17047142

After you recover the BIOS I do recommend that you change your update settings in Windows to notify me instead of keep me up to date.

If you are a Windows Insider, those options will not be available and you best option is to turn off Windows update for a while.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for the fast reply and the try to help . 

I have try all this but nothing works .

i believe is very big fault from HP to force laptop bios update .

i have a very good working laptop with windows 11 before yesterday and now i have nothing .

im not computer expert but i see many people have problems after bios updates.

I have many HP products but after that i will think very much to buy again .

Cost me to much to buy this laptop .

thank you again.

HP Recommended

I suggest taking it to a PC shop.

It should help to have a PC technician to recover the BIOS. Take your BIOS recovery USB flash drive with you.

Recovering a BIOS is not a simple task for many people.

I would not give up just yet.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the try to help me,

in the end  i think i will  must pay more money for an HP problem that they  create. 

People buy from big brands like HP beacause we believe we secure our money and personal data .

i hope i will make it work again soon .

HP Recommended

My laptop have :

RAM KINGSTON KF426S15IB1/16 FURY IMPACT 16GB SO-DIMM DDR4 2666MHZ

with kingston ram i make clean install with win 10 Pro ,

Microsoft check with pc health  that my system can upgrade to windows 11 Pro . Update my windows to 11 and after almost a month  and this firmware update i must change memmory to old  8 sodimm .

I hope that solve the problem for good .

I write this to help others .

HP Recommended

So removing the memory solved the issue and it was not related to the BIOS update?

You hadn't mentioned that you had replaced the memory before the no-post happened.

That would have definitely been helpful to have known for troubleshooting.

HP Recommended

I have change memory before start clean format .

my system work 1 month without problem with kingston memory .

No post happen after bios update .

Problem solved now but when i install kingston back laptop no post ..

HP Recommended

OK. 

So now we are on the same page.  😉

It was not a BIOS update issue at all.

When you update memory it is usually best to install memory that is guaranteed to be compatible and to install memory in pairs of identical DIMM modules.

Adding a  single module of a different brand and/or different configuration to make an upgrade may cause a no-post.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.