Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this computer Black Friday weekend of 2019. 

Since then we have had to have the battery replaced by sending it in to Hp.

After the battery was replaced we had intermittent screen issues. It would go to black screen in the middle of use and and after reboot. We ran BiOs and everything checked out fine. The laptop worked perfectly with an external monitor but would not recognize the the internal monitor. 

I took the laptop down to a local computer repair and diagnostic center. The did a diagnostic and found a short in the motherboard and lcd. Now the local repair shop wants $350 to repair the laptop. 

what a shame that this expensive product only lasted such a short period of time. I would recommend looking elsewhere for a laptop and I intend to do the same. What a piece of junk. I guess I should have bought the extended warranty but it is shameful that their products wont even last 2 years from date of purchase.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Shawn95628

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. Your business means a lot to us. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that 
here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As of today, I have not received any messages from HP. I shouldn't be surprised.

HP Recommended

When should I expect  to hear from someone. As of now, no response.

HP Recommended

I wanted to follow up to as I have not been contacted by anyone at hp. I am curious what a reasonable timeline would be to expect response? Any response? I maintain my opinion of the poor product quality and company service until I can be proven otherwise. 

HP Recommended

Just wanted to take a minute and remind the community why they should consider other options over HP. No one, not once, has contacted me. They have one response suggesting that someone will get back to you. But no one ever does. 

Buyer Beware. Hp makes subpar products and has poor customer service. 

HP Recommended

Not a word. Not an email. Nada. If you are here looking for help you have a better chance of finding Bigfoot himself, riding a dragon while hunting unicorns. The products and customer support are subpar. Think twice before dropping your hard earned money on a HP (Huge Paperweight). What a shame. 

HP Recommended

It’s been over 2 months, and I havent heard one word from ANYONE at HP. Just stuck with a broken laptop that didnt last 2 years. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I will avoid HP products in the future and would encourage others to do the same. 

HP Recommended

HP support is non existent. If you are looking for quality products backed by a quality company you have come to the wrong place. No support whatsoever. I got a brief email (back in August) saying that someone would review my concern and get back to me, but no one has, not once. 

HP must stand for Huge Problem.

Don’t waste your money on products from a company that doesn’t back up their product or even support. Anything has got to be better.

HP Recommended

Hi @vileg52239, Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now,

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest youContact HPin your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.