Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 6730b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cant seem to get access to Bios update. In the bios area, it only says "bios factory reset but no Bios UPDATE?? I have another diff laptop with same screen and that HAS the bios update option. i have done bios flashes on other hp laptops before from bios and from windows and seems to work well. 

I tried WIN B and Win V with power button but that didnt work and it just went to windows normally.

I was getting a bios corruption earlier error 501? and press enter and it went to windows normally. i just want to flash the bios to latest and get this repaired and up to date.

Is the Bios locked out "protected" or corrupted too badly? in the security section and config, all choices are " Change"  so i cant find where the bios is protected? Used esc, F10 ect on start  in and out but cant get/find a bios update entry with usb stick in port ready to go with bios rom file.

Also tried to do the bios update in windows and opened bios application and it just went straight to "finish" without doing any thing else and old bios is still showing in specs, so out of ideas

Thanks for any help on this one. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I also have the 6730b running Windows 10 and updated the bios to v2.0  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57001-57500/sp57343.exe  just the other day. I downloaded the update that runs from windows from hp site. Save it to the desktop and run as administrator. Install was all automatic with no problem. I’m assuming you can boot to windows ok. 
Can I ask if your touchpad works correctly as mine doesn’t. Left click, tap to click and advanced gestures don’t work. 
If yours works ok, can you tell me the drivers you have for the synaptic mousepad?

Thanks and I hope you fix it ok. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.