Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilon dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Untitled.jpgIs it worth installing? Or would this create issues for my laptop to operate properly? Moreover, would you please care to explain what the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor actually does?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It's a safety feature related to the hard drive.  If the Mobile Data Protection Sensor detects your notebook is falling, it instructs the HDD to park the drive heads in an attempt to prevent damage to the drive.

I've installed Windows 10 Technical Preview on several machines and not found any issue with this, although it's possible you may need to install an updated driver ( this is provided by HP 3D DriveGuard software ) when you upgrade to 10.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

It's a safety feature related to the hard drive.  If the Mobile Data Protection Sensor detects your notebook is falling, it instructs the HDD to park the drive heads in an attempt to prevent damage to the drive.

I've installed Windows 10 Technical Preview on several machines and not found any issue with this, although it's possible you may need to install an updated driver ( this is provided by HP 3D DriveGuard software ) when you upgrade to 10.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I am using HP Pavilion DV6 Note Book PC, recently i got notification from windows 10 app regarding upgrade of windows from Windows 7 Home Premium to windows 10.

These are the issues it is indicating which could happen when i install windows 10.

kindly suggest whether to intall windows 10 or not, as i am totally blank/unwaware of any of these issues

regards

pc issue 1.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your dv6 series series notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

here it is

issue all.JPG

HP Recommended

here is the all regarding product number, model number etc.  

complete error image is attached above

HP Recommended

Hi,

See if you can install the update to HP ProtectSmart on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-61500/sp61037.exe

If this installs Ok, restart the notebook and then check Windows 10 compatibility with this hardware again.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

That upgrade for HP ProtectSmart doesn't work on my model.

Is there something similar for a dv6-1355dx ?

I'm not seeing anything that looks related after doing a software and driver scan.

Thanks for any help.

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Can you please advice me on the same HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor issues, whether I can install Windows 10 on my Laptop (HP Envy) or not, if I install what consequency will happen, please refer the images below.

System Information.

Untitled1.png

HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor issues.

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

Here are the details for my laptop (message above)...

HPInfo.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.