Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have found this for you, 

I hope it helps? and its better explaining the install better than me tbh!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reinstall-windows-10-d8369486-3e33-7d9c-dccc-859e2b022fc...

Terran

HP Recommended

Yes I have used the reset software and same thing happens everytime, I cannot find the activation code on the laptop, and when I press f11 and go to command prompt (saw you can get it through there) you need admin access and the only account it shows is defaultuser0 and it requires a password which I never setup. 

HP Recommended

Hmmm Well, for that account that needs the admin password. You might need to contact HP itself? as I'm not quite sure about that tbh, unless anyone else looking at these comments knows the answer to this one? But I honestly think that a full reinstall of windows could resolve this issue. but for infact I do not want you reinstalling windows without your activation key, as that would cause more troubles for you. As of then you probably would need to buy a new license of windows 10. of which is not a plan of action for you. 

So what I suggest on this one is to contact HP.  Or where did you get this laptop from? 

HP Recommended

In the instructions on the link you sent, it says it will automatically activate when i connect to internet because my email was associated with it

HP Recommended

Yes it should do, but not 100% sure. Maybe give it a try and hope for the best?

sorry for late reply, finished work on here and went to bed. But I am now active again now. 

HP Recommended

Tried it last night and it worked!! Computer is working awesome and had no troubles through setup!!! Thank you very much you saved me so much time researching what to do hahah!!! You're the best!

HP Recommended

Haha no worries mate, I am so glad it helped and I managed to help you sort out your issue. if you could press issue resolved or something and give me a thumbs up, would be really appreciated thank you. 

and leave me a review haha sorry for being cheeky asking, I am trying to get up the ladder on here. 

Thanks very much!

Terran.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.