Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Split x2 13-m110dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, so I’m having trouble getting my laptop to boot up,

Last time i was using it normally, I accidentally put it into hibernate instead of power off like normal (may not be relevant but thought i’d mention it). The next morning when I came to turn it on the desktop came up fine but froze immediately. After like 30 seconds or so a blue screen error came up with

Unexcpected Store Exception.

The computer then tried to restart and couldn’t boot up. THe following message came up 

No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

I have since tried running Hard disk checks (quick and extensive) and a memory test. Everything Passed fine

Now I turn it on the following black screen message comes up.

Boot Device Not Found

Please Install an operating System on your hard disk

Hard Disk <3f0>.

Any advice would be most welcome, cheeers

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to select the boot manually? The BIOS/UEFI is pre-set to look after a booting file in the EFI folder on your hard drive. F9 used to be the boot option key. Press it at startup and see if it lets you to navigate into the EFI folder. You are looking for something like "bootx64.efi" in EFI/Boot folder. It's possible that after the system wasn't properly shut down the hard drive could use some repair or it's just a bug and it will be sorted after the next proper shut down. In case that the boot option won't show the hard drive and the EFI folder it must be repaired. Plenty of videos and how tos on youtube on this issue. 

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the response.  

I am able to open up the boot manager using F9, but there are no navigable options. It just reads

Boot Option Menu 

Up and Down to change option. ENTER to select an option.

Press F10 to BIOS Setup options. ESC to exit. 

And nothing else

Also, i forgot to mention in my previous post, I can’t seem to open the recovery manager. Pressing F11 has no effect.

THanks

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue with a HP Laptp 15-bs0xx that also started yesterday. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.