Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I receive an update failed error when trying to imstall the following update:

HP Notebook System Bios System Update (Intel Processors) Failed to update

Is there a way to succesfully update this? Is this a critical update?

Thanks

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @WildFan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I can give you the links to the downloads.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver

Hope the helps.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi there @WildFan,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the BIOS Update. I will be glad to help you.

All BIOS update are available to download and install from hp.com/support.

If you post the full product number of your computer I can give you a link to the latest BIOS.

See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. The model # to my Envy x360 is M1V66UA#ABA

Can you provide me with the update download?

HP Recommended

Hi @WildFan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I can give you the links to the downloads.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver

Hope the helps.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the download. Everything seems to be working now!

HP Recommended

Hi

I look after the laptops as a volunteer at my local JobClub.

we bought 6 last year and all worked fine so we have just bought another five, T1E81EA#ABU

have just started to set them up with the HPsupport assistant and installed all the recommended ones except:

HP Notebook System Bios Update (Intel Processors)

This downloads ok but when it goes to install it just keeps going on and on and does not complete or run.

Help please

Chris

HP Recommended

I have an Envy X360, model # M168UA.

Can you please give me the link to download the Bios also?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion Notebook with the product number M5R07UA#ABA.  Can you please send me the link to correct this issue on my laptop?   This issue only happened after upgrading to Windows 10.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have an EliteBook 8460p laptop, and I am having the same problem. I have tried updating the BIOS, and it says the update is corrupt or missing and will not update. I have tried following instructions for a hard reset. Does not work. The computer will not turn on most of the time. It's on now, and I have the power set to not turn off. I don't know what to do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.