Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-g121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All my HP BIOS and driver updates are done for my machine; however, it does not updates the Windows 10. 

Windows 10 Creators update won't install on a laptop with AMD A10-8700 cpu and I don't know what to do.

I have searched and applied all solutions found here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/creator-update-compatibility-i... but to no avail.

Can anyone suggest a way for me to get the updates and avoid vulnerabilities of the old Windows 10??? Thanks for any help.

The advice from Microsoft is this "This processor model is not supported at this time. Microsoft is working with AMD on a fix and users will be notified through Windows Update when support is available. " and I got it from this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-creators-upd...

My specs are:

• Windows 10 Home, Version 1511 (the Windows update software says Version 10586 and needs to be updated to most recent16299 but at the end there is the same error and UNDOES everything).
  • version=  1607
  • OS Build= 14393.1066
  • Processor= AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 compute core 4C + 6G 1.80GHZ
  • Ram=        8.0GB
  • System Type= 64bit OS and 64 Processor
  • Touch support 10 point.
  • Current Most Resent Bio's F.45
  • Hard Drive = 1 Terabyte (most of it free)

The update for Windows 10 assistant loads, runs OK, then gives an error code 0x80070003.

A tech from Microsoft spent most of one day helping me and was unable to do it, he also said the problem is that "processor model is not supported at this time." It seems AMD and Microsoft are not talking.

Hope all this info helps.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

That is no longer the current advice from Microsoft. You linked us to a year old post before the fix was distributed in the BIOS update. Universally the F.45 update is reported to enable an upgrade from 1607 (Anniversary) to 1703 (Creators). I am a bit unclear what you have but it appears you may be still trying to update from 1511 to 1607 and the AMD A10-8700P did not have a problem with that update. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/214647

The above link from amd.com starting 4/13/17 shows Problem, problem problem...fix as of May 2017 almost a year ago. AMD and Microsoft and HP did collaborate to fix this. 

You have some other undiagnosed problem going on. 

HP Recommended

I will try and update my BIOS (the HP Support Assistant says I don't need it) but I will try and see if that resolves the issue. I will be most grateful if you can stay with me on this. 

Please accept my thanks in advance for your help! 🙂

HP Recommended
Absolutely we are here. If HP Support Assistant says it is F.45 then BIOS is not the problem.
HP Recommended

Hi! I re-installed the F.45 BIOS and tried again to update to no avail. The message I get is:

"We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes, don't turn off your computer"

I still have version 1511 (Windows 10). It will not update for some reason. Do you have any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Run a full hardware diagnostic (esc as you power up then F2 to access diagnostics) choose the long test on each of the testable components. Focus on hard drive (storage) and memory and post back results. I suspect you either have bad hardware (most like a hard drive) or you have a corrupted Windows updater which can be very frustrating to deal with and may mean you need to do a reinstall of Windows 10. 

HP Recommended

Hi!

I run the diagnostics as you instructed me, and all results were well. I ran the long test on all systems, and then specifically on the hard drive and all was well so I think the problem is with the Windows updater. What do you think I should do? I tried the Windows updater troubleshooter and it did not fix the issue. It still says "we couldn't compelte the update...."

I'm trying to avoid to re-install Windows. 

Again, thanks so much!!!

HP Recommended

I got this from the update history... error 0x80070013

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Yes, I saw that JUST now...I am trying the recommendations it says there and see if that fixes the issue. Also, I am trying a clean WIndows 10 install if that fails. I'll let you know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.