Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-e016dx Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a system restore of my Notebook and an upgrade to windows 10 my webcam had stopped working so I had checked the driver for updates which Device Manager had told me there were none and neither skype or youcam could recognize the integrated webcam despite it saying there were no problems, I tried disabling and re-enabling the webcam as well as restarting the pc and nothing had worked and eventually I had ended up accidently uninstalling the integrated webcam driver altogether and I really don't want to restore my notebook again if it can be avoided. So is there a way to re-install the driver for the webcam that comes integrated with the HP Pavilion 17 Notebook?, I have already tried searching the site for the driver and could not find any drives for my notebook it simply suggests that I update windows (which I already have and the issue was not resolved). 

Untitled1.pngUntitled1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi oOXeonOo, 

Thank you for your response! 

The only webcam downloads I am finding on the Software and Driver Downloads, is the software for using it. Cyberlink Youcam Software.

So in this case I would recommend to try the full system factory restore, remember to backup your files first. 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this information is helpful! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @oOXeonOo

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post that your webcam stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10, on your HP Pavilion 17-e016dx Notebook. I am happy to help! 

Please take a look through this guide, Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎. And let me know the results! 

I would also recommend to try our HP Support Assistant as well.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post is helpful! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I have already looked through the troubleshooting guide and it doesn't solve the problem I'm having as the driver for the integrated webcam was uninstalled and I cannot find any way to re-install the driver meaning that it can no longer be found in device manager even if I choose to show hidden devices and I have already tried to scan for hardware changes and update windows, also I cannot find a restore point to before the driver was uninstalled, so I want to know if there is some way to re-install the driver on the hp site or otherwise or if I'll just end up having to try a whole system restore to factory settings. 

Also I have tried installing a universal webcam driver for windows 10 to no avail I am assuming this is because my pavilion is incompatible.

If it helps the universal webcam driver I found is here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151001_1

HP Recommended

Hi oOXeonOo, 

Thank you for your response! 

The only webcam downloads I am finding on the Software and Driver Downloads, is the software for using it. Cyberlink Youcam Software.

So in this case I would recommend to try the full system factory restore, remember to backup your files first. 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this information is helpful! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.