Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-e070sa Notebook PC

Hi Guys,

My laptop suddenly gave me an error message and then restarted its self. It then got stuck in a boot loop meaning I can't load up my desktop. I tried loading the recovery/automatic repair options using the power on/off three time but nothing. I then ran the hardware diagnostics. It found that the "Memory Quick Check" Failed but everything else passed.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the failure ID GTSAM9-6T7AAB-MFPWXF-005E03 stands for? Would this be some new RAM that I need to look into purchasing?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Matt.

Yes, I would buy a different (new) notebook and not throw good money after bad fixing yours.

It probably needs a new motherboard.

The files on the hard drive should be fine.

Remove the drive from the notebook and buy one of these SATA to USB cables and you should be able to read/copy the files from the drive to your PC for further use.

StarTech.com SATA to USB Cable - USB 3.0 to 2.5” SATA: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook, where you can find the hard drive removal procedure.

c03939658 (hp.com)

Looks pretty easy to remove the drive on that model.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Matt:

According to the failure report generated by the code you posted, it appears to be a more serious issue than that.

I deleted the serial number from the report.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
GTSAM9-6T7AAB-MFPWXF-005E03OKXXXXXXXXXX11/26/200System/Processor BoardBackplane Board, System Board, Processor, Processor BoardBGA integrity

Something to do with the processor or motherboard.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Is there a fix for this issue or is it time to look at a new laptop. Also I presume with this issue any documents or photos etc on the laptop will be lost?

Thanks,

Matt

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Matt.

Yes, I would buy a different (new) notebook and not throw good money after bad fixing yours.

It probably needs a new motherboard.

The files on the hard drive should be fine.

Remove the drive from the notebook and buy one of these SATA to USB cables and you should be able to read/copy the files from the drive to your PC for further use.

StarTech.com SATA to USB Cable - USB 3.0 to 2.5” SATA: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook, where you can find the hard drive removal procedure.

c03939658 (hp.com)

Looks pretty easy to remove the drive on that model.

HP Recommended

That’s fantastic mate thank you!

I agree it does look easy so will 100% go with this solution.

Thanks for your help Paul 👍🏼

HP Recommended

Anytime, Matt.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.