Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-6c35dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am helping someone get their laptop back to working order.  They had Windows 7 but then upgraded to 10.  The computer no longer would boot plus he didn't want 10 after all and wanted 7 back.  Also note the recovery partition was unable to fix the boot issue.  I saved all his files, wiped the drive, reinstalled 7, put all his files back.  Its almost done but there are three devices unable to load drivers automatically and I can not seem to find the proper files for them.  I have scowered the internet and this site in particular and have been unable to get the proper drives.  The devices are as follows.

SM Bus Controller

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_358B103C&REV_13
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_358B103C
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&CC_0C0500
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&CC_0C05

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller 1 of 2

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&SUBSYS_358B103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&SUBSYS_358B103C
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&CC_0C03

Univeral Serial Bus (USB) Controller 2 of 2

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&SUBSYS_358B103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&SUBSYS_358B103C
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7812&CC_0C03

I have tried going into Device Manager and just auto upgrading them there but it cannot find the proper files either.

I have gone to AMD's website and tried downloading those drivers but that doesn't seem to help.

I have used the HP assistant, still no help.

I have gone to driver help sites that will scan your computer but most seem to be a scam and so I am reluctant to purchase any of their services as there are only 3 and I shouldn't have to pay for drivers.

Any assistance will be appreciated, Thank You.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this specific AMD chipset driver from the AMD support site.  1st driver on the webpage...

Install and restart the PC.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this specific AMD chipset driver from the AMD support site.  1st driver on the webpage...

Install and restart the PC.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.