Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes but do you have seen the screen to select when you have boot the other PC yo your USB key??

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

On the laptop where I am trying to get the hard drive installed, I never got any window, just the no bootable device found error. 

On the desktop,I got the Windows set up and stopped at the screen that had "Install Now" and "Repair our computer". I don't want to overwrite my current version of windows so I didn't go further than that screen. 

On the desktop, I disconnected my working hard drive and installed the one for the laptop and then the USB boot disk was not found.  Do I need to do something to the hard drive before I can use it? 

Thank you for your help!!

HP Recommended

So it is not a problem from your hard drive.. What is the original system on this laptop?? 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

It was running Windows 10, the original OS was Windows 7

HP Recommended

It is not normal.. You don't have the Windows 7 DVD? 

Before your hard drive replacement your USB ports works correctly?? 

HP Recommended

I don't think I have the windows 7 CD.

Anyway I got it to work, I formatted the new hard drive and then tried the boot drive on my desktop with the new SSD installed on that.  After the computer went into it's first reboot I took the SSD and put it into the laptop and it finished installing.  The laptop is up and working, including the USB ports. 

Thank you for your help!!

HP Recommended

Hello.

Please, I'm having a similar issue with baldy111.

But in my case the DST failed still.

I also tried using the hard disk drive from my other laptop and changed the SATA cable.

It still showed boot device not found.

Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.