Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
Yesterday I bought an HP Probook 450 G7 i5, the laptop is taking too much time to boot up it gets stuck to HP Logo for 2 mins when I Turn on my laptop.

Laptop Specs:
Intel Core i5
8GB Ram
1TB HDD
512GB SSD (ADATA XPG Spectrix S40G)
2 GB Graphic Card Nvidia mx250

I'm using window 10 Pro x64 version 2004, all drivers are up to date, even the BIOS is updated but still, I'm facing this issue.

This issue gets fixed after I turn on Fast Boot mode in BIOS.

Now my question is do I really have to turn this fast boot mode on all the time to get this issue fixed? isn't supposed to be working fine on the default settings?

I have even reinstall the windows.

Regards,
Malik

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MalikHamzaBahu 

You should NOT have reinstalled windows as that will not fix any slow boot problem.  If you used the most recent Windows version (20.04) at least you won't be saddled with hours of windows updates.

I don't know why the boot should take so long -- as I'm using a ADATA SSD and the boot takes 35 seconds or less -- and I would think that would be a typical timeframe.

You could go into task manager, startup tab, and disable all the startup items to see if that makes any difference.

Also, Win10 autostarts a LOT of tasks you really don't need and if you disable some of those, startup will be faster.  Here is a thread with some details on that:  Black Viper’s Windows 10 Service Configurations » Black Viper www.blackviper.com

I use those settings and my ongoing CPU load is down to around 5%.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response @WAWood, but my problem is not related to windows but hp boot up time as the problem get resolved when i turn on the fast boot option in the BIOS, after turning on the fast boot option is BIOS boot take only 10 to 15 seconds, if i turn it off just like default settings then it's again take upto 2 mins to boot up (gets stuck at HP logo for 2 mins).

There is no startup items except one drive and intel  graphic driver software  in task manager as there is no software installed as of yet.

Now my question is do I really have to turn this fast boot mode on all the time to get this issue fixed? isn't supposed to be working fine on the default settings? 

Does everybody have to turn this fast boot option on their HP laptops? i'm using HP laptop for the first time.

Regards,

Malik

HP Recommended

Bumping, I'm still looking for the answers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.