Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15-ch055na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I’m having a problem upgrading my Spectre to the new windows 10 October update. 

The machine will install the update but when it restarts and begins to configure the update it hangs on the hp logo with the spinning dots. 

I have tried installing the update using Microsoft’s media creation tool, the windows update program and I’ve also tried doing a clean install but it always gets stuck in the same place. 

I removed the m.2 ssd and put it into my desktop pc which installed the update without a problem but when I put the ssd back into the laptop it freezes again.

Any help/advice with this will be greatly appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I can testify to the fact that the new F.25 BIOS fixes the problem.  After flashing the BIOS, I used the Media Creation Tool to update and my HP Spectre is a happy lappy.  Running great on 1809.  Thank you, HP for making it happen.

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  Try Windows Update 1809, freeze during reboot with HP logo and spinning dots.  Then I try updating with Windows 10 Installation media and still freeze during reboot.

HP Recommended

Same error here.  I have even gone so far as to do a clean install using the media creation tool. Right after it reboots the hp logo comes up and the spinning dots begin, then grind to a halt and it locks up.  Have left it for over an hour.  Eventually it blue screens and reboots.   Rinse and repeat. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. After reboot spinning dots are frozen. HP Spectre 15-ch004ng German OS.

HP Recommended

Same problem on ch-003. Updated BIOS (why haven't it updated via support app?!) - nothing changed. Also tried clean install. No luck

HP Recommended

Same here with a HP Spectre x360 15-CH070 German OS. Clean-install didn't help either. Think it's the BIOS. HP should solve this problem!

HP Recommended

I chatted with HP tech support and he was no help.  Ask me to resolve it with Microsoft.  Everyone please contact HP support so they would realize this is an issue and need to be resolved ASAP.

HP Recommended

Typical.  HP is all about pointing at someone else.  I don't care who's problem it is, I can't fix it wirhout both HP and MS.  Stop telling us to do something and get off your butts and YOU fix it with Microsoft.  This error started in Windows Insider, 7-8 builds ago.  It's not like HP and MS were blindsided.  

HP Recommended

Having talked to support, they told me to wait until the update shows in windows update, then it will work, he couldn't give me a time scale when it will be available, but hopefully soon. https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-october-update-problems-wiped-docs-plus-intel-driver-warnin...

HP Recommended

Same Problem as everyone else. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.