cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • ×
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

    Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

    Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

  • post a message
  • ×
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

    Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

    Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

  • post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
3 3 0 11
Message 21 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks for posting that David J W

Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,714 38,171 3,352 14,098
Message 22 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft has indeed pulled the Update for now and advises anyone who used Media Creation Tool to make an installer NOT to use it. Wait for the next release.

An FYI- anyone who didn't get it is lucky. I upgraded my loaner Spectre X360 15 BL1xx and all of my files in User folder were deleted. Fortunately, I use Onedrive to back evrything up.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Highlighted
Level 2
5 5 0 14
Message 23 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updated my INTEL NUC with the Media Creation Tool and had no trouble at all. I‘m stuck with the Spectre X360. 
Since Microsoft stopped the update and HP has not yet adopted the new INTEL graphics/audio driver yet I don‘t see any chance right now. 

Some people refer to the (generic) Intel Driver - see https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28180/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=96551

 

But I have no idea if that works or creates other issues. 

 

So hopefully HP (and INTEL and Microsoft) find fixes to the unsolved issues (data loss) and resume the official update process soon. 

Highlighted
Level 4
27 21 0 79
Message 24 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft says the issues are fixed and has started rolling it out to insiders. 

 

Microsoft cautiously restarts Windows 10 1809

 

I think I am going to give it a while, just in case. 

 

Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,456 41,703 4,562 12,056
Message 25 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FreddyPle wrote:

Updated my INTEL NUC with the Media Creation Tool and had no trouble at all. I‘m stuck with the Spectre X360. 
Since Microsoft stopped the update and HP has not yet adopted the new INTEL graphics/audio driver yet I don‘t see any chance right now. 

Some people refer to the (generic) Intel Driver - see https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28180/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=96551

 

But I have no idea if that works or creates other issues. 

 

So hopefully HP (and INTEL and Microsoft) find fixes to the unsolved issues (data loss) and resume the official update process soon. 


@FreddyPle

This forum is for HP products.

 

I can't quitre get how you would think that posting about an Intel NUC could be relevant for the WIndows 10 version update issue.



I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,266 86,151 10,953 23,525
Message 26 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

... An FYI- anyone who didn't get it is lucky. I upgraded my loaner Spectre X360 15 BL1xx and all of my files in User folder were deleted. Fortunately, I use Onedrive to back evrything up.


@CherylG

 

As mentioned in the IC forum, my first two upgrades were 2 HP machines, a loaner bl1xx and a newer Omen 15. After that, I upgraded all my other laptops. None of them took more than 90 mins. I don't store my files on machines, they are on SD, microSD cards or on my local NAS.

 

I will upgrade for my children machines next weekend when they come down to see me. Hope my grand kids give me time to work for their parents.

 

Regards.

 

 

BH
***
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Highlighted
Level 4
27 21 0 79
Message 27 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like more bad news for HP users.   According to this article some of the people that were able to update HP machines are now getting bluescreens after the Patch Tuesday 'so called' fixes. 

 

More Windows 10 October update woes? HP users report BSOD after Tuesday patch

 

Users in the feedback hub are pointing to KB4464330 for Windows 10 version 1809 which the article mentions as well. So, if you do get the update to 1809 to install correctly, you will then get the patches for 1809 and those can cause an HP product to start having BSOD issues. 

 

I'm starting to think that 1803 is a very pretty number. 

Highlighted
Level 2
5 5 0 14
Message 28 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is also a support forum (and my concern is about upgrading spectre x360 the same way as the NUC and Surface)

 

Anyhow - what‘s the difference between you mentioning other brands and me mentioning Intel, Microsoft, Dell, . . . 

 

Differenct PC makers are either able to modify existing device drivers in time for the new windows release or they are not - which is frustrating when looking at the price tag of the Spectre X360

 

Highlighted
Level 3
29 25 0 25
Message 29 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FreddyPle

 

Differenct PC makers are either able to modify existing device drivers in time for the new windows release or they are not - which is frustrating when looking at the price tag of the Spectre X360

 


That's what I'm thinking, too. The problems are known a long time before the official release. Dell has updated drivers (as example for the 1TB SSD Toshiba drive I have in my Spectre x360).

Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,456 41,703 4,562 12,056
Message 30 of 207
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FreddyPle wrote:

This is also a support forum (and my concern is about upgrading spectre x360 the same way as the NUC and Surface)

 

Anyhow - what‘s the difference between you mentioning other brands and me mentioning Intel, Microsoft, Dell, . . . 

 

Differenct PC makers are either able to modify existing device drivers in time for the new windows release or they are not - which is frustrating when looking at the price tag of the Spectre X360

 


This is a support forum for HP products.

 

That is  what the difference is and it is the intended scope of this HP Global support forum.

 

 

 

 



I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation