Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just ordered this Laptop and recieved it this week. Mine also keeps failing the 1809 windows update.

It's quite frustrating since Windows keeps trying to install it and it fails every time. I've done a few searches and I see this has been a problem people have been having since October. I'm considering returning this laptop while still in the return window ifsome kind of fix isn't announced for this soon.

HP Recommended

Rick-S

i too have a Spectre that won’t take the 1809 update. Please add me to the list. 

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

@DennyC

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello @rick-s ,

I also have Spectre x360 15-ch002nc and also I  have the problem with 1809 - once I've tried installation (forced by MS upgrade assistant) it stuck at boot, so I have to reinstall whole PC....I have latest BIOS F.24.

Many thanks Jiri

HP Recommended

Hi Rick-S

I have a HP Spectre x360 15-ch070. Same problem as everyone else. I have reported that issue back in october with no success. I'm pretty sure, it's a BIOS problem. And the graphic drivers (Intel and AMD) are very old, too. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Good evening Rick-S,

Its been two days, and I have not been contacted by HP yet

HP Recommended

Same laptop. Same problem. Will not update to 1809. In my case I have the HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 CTO model. THIS IS EXTREMLY FRUSTRATING. Flagship computer from a major manfacture and this still isn't solved.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

It is frustrating to see that the only possible answer is that the problem is sent to another department within HP. Please take care of the problem itself. This beautiful and expensive machine is not able to use the latest version opf Windows 10, 

HP is a big company and should have taken care of this problem. I'm starting to regret not to have chosen for Microsoft Surfacebook.

Kind regards,

Ben  Sr

HP Recommended

Same laptop. Same problem. Will not update to 1809. In my case I have the HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 CTO model. THIS IS EXTREMLY FRUSTRATING. Sounds like a class action lawsuit would move them... 

HP Recommended

For those following this thread, there is a fix.  HP has recently posted an updated BIOS that corrects the problem.  HP Support Assistant should pull it in, but I find that it's a bit slow on the uptake.  Just go to hp.com and click on Software and Drivers.  The website can scan your device, or you can plug in your specific model and windows version at which point your specific software and drivers will display.  The new BIOS should be listed there. 

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.