Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream7 - 5709
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi HP Community,

I got off the phone with Microsoft and they are totally trying to help me keep this stream running. I found this stream 7 in the closet and couldn't do windows 10 update.  They loaded an image for me to run 1909.  But my current version on my stream is 1024 from 2015.  If I upgrade to 1909 will I paper weight my Stream 7?  Does anyone know what is the highest version of windows 10 that can be safely installed on an HP stream 7?  1609? 1702? 1709? 1809?

Thanks!  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tekn0w  Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade windows 10 for the HP Stream 7 tablet.

Please see the following image of the system requirement to install the windows 10 operating system.

Also, you can see the following link.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

My stream 7 just got bricked trying to upgrade to 1909.  It keeps trying to un-install the update and just reboots and reboots. Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

@JeffMo Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to install the Windows update 1909.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please update the BIOS and then try to update the windows update.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Same thing just happened to me. It just continually reboots and says trying to undo changes made to computer. There is no option to update. Then when I try to go to recovery mode it says “Your PC needs to be repaired” required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed. Error code 0xc0000225

need recovery tools

HP Recommended

@Thunderbirds57

I understand your concerns.

According to the error message you have posted I suspect there could be a hardware issue with your Notebook

It could be possible that the Hard Drive on the Notebook could be corrupted or it might have bad sectors

Please perform the Steps as shown below:-

1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook

2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu

3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab

4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory

Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages

Please click on the link shown below to find the steps involved in performing a Hard Drive Test

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.