Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11 p010nr

The drive was wiped and I can't get any Windows installers to recognize the internal drive.  Have changed and tried with Legacy, secure boot, etc... diskpart doesn't see it either.  Loaded bios is f.04.  I tried booting off HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI and it states no storage device also.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Some things to try:

• Press Esc when powering up and then F2 and run the disk diagnostic.
  • Update the BIOS firmware.
  • Press the Windows key + b key when powering up to reset the BIOS.
  • Let the battery completely discharge to reset the BIOS and then plug the power in and boot it.
  • Create a live Ubuntu USB, boot it and run Gparted to see if the disk is recognized there.
HP Recommended

Thanks Kyle_b, I was able to update the bios to f.06.  

The win+b does not seem to do anything, it just stays at the saying boot device not found, Hard Disk (3F0), etc... I did however reset the bios to default but haven't let it run out of battery.  

When I try to boot to the gparted USB it gives me the message "selected boot image will not authenticate."

I was able to boot to gparted if I disable "Secure Boot" or enable "Legacy" but gparted doesn't see any disks, except the USB.

The laptop was securely wiped, not sure which tools were used, but could something have been wiped causes the eMMC disk not to be accessible anymore? 

HP Recommended

I also have a Stream 11 and have wiped the eMMC drive completely clean several times with DISKPART and Gparted to do fresh installations of Windows 10 and Ubuntu and it has never been a problem.  I don't think there is anything you can do to really hurt it using common disk tools so maybe some non-standard method was used or maybe the disk or main board is defective.

As a last resort, try running the battery all the way down until it is completely discharged if you haven't already, that has fixed some Stream notebook BIOS problems here.

HP Recommended

Thanks again, I missed your reply somehow.  I will keep trying. It's possible the board/onboard drive is bad but I have 4 of these and they are all the same.  I will drain the batteries again but they were dead when I got them.  They were Amazon return items and I assume securily wiped before released.  A friend aquired them in an auction.  It's just strange that none of them see the hard drive...

HP Recommended

It seems like some sort of low level format utility was run on the eMMC devices possibly, you might do a search to see if there is some way to recover them.

HP Recommended

yeah, been searching a lot with not much luck 😞

HP Recommended

Did you manage to solve the problem with the hard drive?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.