Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-205T DT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Professional (which came with my HP Pavillion) to WIndow 10 (64-bit).   I am having probelms with HP Support Assistant -- tells me that the .msi file is missing.  I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, and it keeps telling me the .msi file is missing and i get Error 1639, Error 1714 and Error 1603.  I have TRIED all the blogs and tips and NOTHING works.  Please help and send me the patch or link to the fix at [Personal Information Removed].

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try to use revo uninstaller or geek uninstaller to uninstall the previous version first.

After this, try again to install the new version of HP Support Assistant from the link that I have posted.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Have you tried this?

Start in Safe Mode. While in Safe Mode please make sure that the HP Support Assistant is  fully uninstalled, then restart and resinstall.

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

Download and install the new version of HP Support Assistant, SoftPaq sp71727 at: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71727.exe

This version run on Windows 10.

When installing it, it will remove previous versions of HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

I've tried this and I still get the error message that the .msi file is missing.   It's NOT working on my machine for some reason.  I can't uninstall it with that link.

HP Recommended

Try to use revo uninstaller or geek uninstaller to uninstall the previous version first.

After this, try again to install the new version of HP Support Assistant from the link that I have posted.

HP Recommended

Your solution was AWESOME!  It worked and now I just installed it successfully!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I'm running it now.  I know this isn't my question as I have another out there -- but can you help me sync my Ipaq X4240 to the desktop in Windows 10?   I did hear from HP and they don't have a solution yet but many of us need a fix!   Maybe you can create one for us???  :smileyhappy:::smileyhappy:

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

I had to restore my computer to a previous point and now the solution doesn't work.  Still getting something about the HP Support.msi file. I uninstalled the old HP Support Assistant with the Revouninstaller.  Now I can't reinstall from the link provided.  Please assist again.

HP Recommended

On the root of your drive there is a folder called SWSetup.

Inside that folder you should have another folder, among others, called sp71727.

Run the setup inside that folder.

HP Recommended

I've tried that and everything else I can think of and I'm still having problems.  At my wits end now as I don't have the HP Support Assitant anymore and just unintalled HP Support Framework Installation.  Still tells me when I run the sp71727 even from the SWSetup folder -- install -- that the HP Support Assistant.msi file can't be found. 

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.