Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-ar050wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I start or restart my computer the follow comes up: "Hard Disk Error - Please run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics. - Hard Disk 2 (3F2).

I have run all the test to include the extensive loop test and they all come back pass. How can I fix this issue? What might be the cause?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This problem is usually caused by misconfigured system files that create registry errors within operating system. Registry errors generally occur when new programs are installed over old ones without the old programs being completely uninstalled. This can cause registry pile-ups and error messages. Another potential cause of these error messages can come from malicious software such as adware, spyware, and viruses.

Unless the HP is incorrectly reporting a HDD failure, if you leave it on, it will just fail at some point 
time to make sure you have everything backed up.

You probably going to have to replace the hard drive and re-install windows and restore your data from a backup

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.