Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream

Just got this error message and I’m not sure how to fix it. Please help if you can. Thank you! 

Nikki35

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nikki35,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried restoring the image using the HP recovery kit?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Microsoft Windows throws this error when it can’t find the correct system files for booting. This vital information is known as Boot Configuration Data or BCD. When you turn on your PC, it tells Windows how to boot properly.

This error is more common on disks that use the newer UEFI specification with the GPT partition scheme than older setups.

It looks like one of the core operating system files has got corrupted or deleted from your PC. Due to which you have issues booting into your PC. 

Try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2: (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Performing a test on the Hard drive as well as on the Memory from the Hardware diagnostics: 

1) Shutdown the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3) Press F2 once for System Diagnostics.

4) Go to Component test.

5) Run extensive Memory and Hard Drive test.  

Depending on the test results, If the test passes, I would suggest you perform a recovery on your PC using the recovery kit. If you don't have a set of recovery kit,

Here's what you need to know about ordering a set of recovery media: Click here Or else you can contact our HP support team to order a set of recovery media for your PC.

HP support team can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.