Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Am trying to find a JMICRON 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller driver for my old Pavilion dv5, can't find it anywhere, if someone knows anywhere safe to download please help with the link.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no specific JMicron driver for it.

That is a standard controller that Microsoft installs after you install the SD card reader driver.

I have an old notebook with the same device listed, but my notebook has the Ricoh SD card reader, so when I click on the IEEE 1394 Host Controller, it reports it to be a Ricoh 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

This should be the driver you need...

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp42001-42500/sp42439.exe

HP Recommended

It didn't work, maybe am the one not understanding the problem, Eject IEEE 1394 controller appears in the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media section of the Taskbar notification area, all the ones that appeared there cleared after I installed their drivers, I knew it was JMICRON after I did a search of the Vender id PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2380&SUBSYS_3603103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2380&SUBSYS_3603103C
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2380&CC_0C0010
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2380&CC_0C00

but am not able to find its driver, I already have drivers for the JMICRON Card ReaderUntitled.png

HP Recommended

According to your screenshot, there is nothing wrong with the device.

If it needed a driver, there would be a little ! mark next to it.

If you click on the device properties, if it reports working properly, then it is what it is.

HP Recommended

Untitled.pngThen why does it show as a Removable Media, even the card reader and hard disk appeared there but disappeared when i installed JMICRON driver and Intel Rapid Storage Technology, that's why  I think it might disappear when I find the driver but if there is no known driver i'll just leave it.

HP Recommended

There is no specific JMicron driver for it.

That is a standard controller that Microsoft installs after you install the SD card reader driver.

I have an old notebook with the same device listed, but my notebook has the Ricoh SD card reader, so when I click on the IEEE 1394 Host Controller, it reports it to be a Ricoh 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help and time.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.