Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 880-110NO DT
HP recommended a BIOS update. We followed the automatic installation and now the PC will not start. What should we do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thanks, I did try that - also whilst having HP support on the line. Unfortunately it did not work. The computer is dead, and have now been sent in to be fixed. Thank you so much for your reply.
My lesson learned - cut off automatic updates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MariaV73

I would first try  a power reset. Unplug the power cord, then press the power button on the PC and hold it for 15-20 seconds to release any residual power. Next plug in the power cord and try again to start up.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Thanks, I did try that - also whilst having HP support on the line. Unfortunately it did not work. The computer is dead, and have now been sent in to be fixed. Thank you so much for your reply.
My lesson learned - cut off automatic updates.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.