Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebooks
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why is it Important to Identify my Notebook Model?

And How do I find my Model number?

Bill

I am an HP employee
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

If you don't identify a notebook with its complete model number or product number, it takes us extra time to get that information from you.  An issue or question that could take less than a minute for one of us to answer or guide you to resolve will take quite some time while we try our best to get the information we need from you.

We need to have an accurate picture of your notebook's hardware configuration. Without that, we will be working in the dark.  A complete model number or product number gives us that. We prefer the product number unless you happen to know the complete model number.

HP has produced and marketed hundreds of different types of some notebook models. That is the reason that stating that you have an HP\Compaq CQ62 notebook or even an HP Envy is not specific enough. One type may have a different CPU, discrete graphics or chipset than the other. That means that drivers are not one type fits all because they are chipset or device specific.

"How do I find my model number"

Invoke the System Information window while logged into Windows to find your model and product number.  (Hold down the Fn key and tap the Esc key one time)

HPSysInfo.png

Use the HP Support Assistant to find your model and product number.

The information is at the bottom of every window in the HP Support Assistant.

HPSA.png

Use the F1 System Information tab to find your model and product number

(press the Esc key immadiately after pressing the power button to invoke the Startup menu in the  image below)

Press_Esc.jpg

F1_SySInfo.jpg

Use the product identification label to find your model and product number.

(It can be located in a number of places dependig on your notebook model)

Label1.pngLabel2.pnglabel3.pnglabel4.png

If you still have the box your notebook was delivered in, there is a sticker on it with the information we need you to provide us with. Consider taking a digital photo of the box sticker. Save it to a folder n your notebook. (I tend to keep the boxes of high value items for a year)

Box.png

I hope this helps you find the information that someone who is trying to help you will need. It is a good starting point.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
RTL8188EE
HP Recommended
F5Y37UA#ABA
HP Recommended

@shewolf1 wrote:
RTL8188EE

@shewolf1

That is the WLAN module

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

My hp spectre 360's model No. according to (Sri Lanka-via singapore HP store &) packing supposed to be 13-ac028TU,
but according to the system infomation it is 13-ac0XX
what would have happened?

HP Recommended

@S_Rajh

Mine has the same product name as yours.

Do you know the product number?

See the HP support assistant to find the product number and post it here.

Each HP Support assistant window has the product number at the bottom.

You can also find the product number in the BIOS system information screen.

HP Recommended

Ik heb een hpofficejet 6500a, CN555A. ik krijg een algemene foutmelding 0x610000f6. Mijn afdrukken lukken niet meer.

HP Recommended

i wanna know about recovery media

HP Recommended

@Bill_F @erico

This thread needs a little update. Photobucket links are not working.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.