Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0100nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 10 on HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0100nd.

Got mine laptop last week,  right now running windows 10 1909 November 2019 Update.

So was planning to do a clean install of windows 10 20H2 October 2020 Update.

So i downloaded ISO of windows 10 pro 20H2  and done the following thing. 

HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0100nd. Has no DVD drive so decided to make bootable  flash drive with Windows 10 pro ISO 20H2. Using rufus.

(Rufus is a small application that creates bootable USB drives, which can then be used to install or run Microsoft Windows, )

So selected the ISO--->partition scheme MBR--->File system NTFS--->cluster size (default)  ---->> Start.

After bootable flash drive  has been created disabled safe boot at HP Spectre BIOS. 

Plugged in bootable  flash drive with Windows 10 pro ISO 20H2.

Ok

So getting the following thing and its not very nice thing to see. 

[INFO]uefyv2.70(americanmegatrends0x00050011

[INFO]ANI F. 07

[INFO]HP spectre x360 convertible 15xeboxxx

[INFO]disconnecting potentially blocking druvers

[INFO]ssearching for target partition on bootdisc

[INFO]pciroot(0)/pci(0x14,0x0)/usb(0x0,0x0)

[INFO]found ntfs target partition

[INFO]pciroot(0)/pci(0x14,0x0)/usb(0x0,0x0)/HD..

[INFO]checking if target partition needs NTFS service

[INFO]starting ntfs partition service

[INFO]eegifs ntfs driver v1.7 (GRUB2.0)

[INFO]opening target ntfs partition

[INFO]volume level is w10x86_ENU_NOV2020

[INFO] This system uses 64-bit x86 UEFI =>searching for x64 EFI bootloader

[FAIL]  could not locate  efi\boot\boot\x64.efi:  [14] not found.

Explain. 

Have updated bios as well.  Getting same thing

Have been searching forums online.  People are saying;

this is a bug FROM the manufacturer.

computer could boot on the EFI file with the official ISO provided by rufus.

So, for this model, this bug is not resolvable. Newer version of windows can't boot properly on it. (never seen that).

Or

Ok, I can boot, BUT, only with the older (1704) unofficial ISO where is is a .Wim file less than 4Gb... burned it in FAT32 partition. I will try on my other computer if I can boot with the newer version...

People I would like to know How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 10 pro 20H2 October 2020 Update.on HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0100nd using bootable  flash drive because I like to do clean install and then download all those cool drivers for mine new HP Spectre x360 Laptop from hp website. 

For example if having external DVD burner

Burn ISO to DVD and try then do you think its gonna work that way. 

What do I exactly need for hp spectre x360 Laptop - 15 ultrabook.

Dvd burner 3.0 or blue ray burner 3.0?

Need the ones that work properly on HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0100nd ultrabook. 

Greetings from

Noobpunk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Noobpunk 

Please use the following tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The tool will allow you to make a bootable installation media (USB/DVD) and you can use installation media to install.

During the installation process if you are asked to enter a product key, check the 'Skip' box and W10 will install and then automatically activate once you are connected to the internet using the key embedded in BIOS of your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Noobpunk 

Please use the following tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The tool will allow you to make a bootable installation media (USB/DVD) and you can use installation media to install.

During the installation process if you are asked to enter a product key, check the 'Skip' box and W10 will install and then automatically activate once you are connected to the internet using the key embedded in BIOS of your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Downloaded ISO from microsoft website.  

Used rufus and made bootable Win 10 USB. 

Its working just fine,now   getting same results with Microsoft tool. 

Why geting error once trying ISOS downloaded from torrent sites?  

HP Recommended

tried a clean install using the windows 10 media creation tool and created a boot disk. Windows Installer cannot seem to detect the 1TB Samsung nvme drive in my spectre x360 13-aw2025na? I tried everything? can you shed some light? im stupefied ...  

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, the Windows installer will not detect the hard drive when trying to do a clean install, Spectre X360 14

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.