Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi I want to ask if i have shutdown problems and I want download that MEI driver will work this driver http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66228.exe or this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23091/Intel-ME-9-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC with HP Probook 4540s ? I dont want to risk so for that I'm asking.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Video Card 1 Before AMD Radeon HD 7650M
Video Card 2 Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Memory 8 GB

Windows 10 64bit

Intel 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

HP Recommended

Proceed at your own discretion, but there shouldn't be much risk...  If it's not compatible with your system, it simply won't install.

I'd try the one from HP first.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Whoever gave the info for the sleep issues - will you PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASEEE explain how and where to uninstall the driver!!!!!!  I can't even find the "Intel Management Engine Interface" in the device manager! I've tried matching the name of the download - lol - I'm in waaaaay over my head here! 

I'm barely computer literate - and it won't install the older version and I can't decipher or translate the reply from the person who had to uninstall due to mana[something] exe something running. 

OMG - this sleep issue is driving me INSANE - I've tried every other supposed "fix" out there - and it fixes it for an hour or two.

Thank You!

HP Recommended

There's a walkthrough with screenshots here that may be helpful to you.

You might also want to consider calling HP customer support and keeping your fingers crossed you get a competent agent who's familiar with this issue and knows how to assist you with resolving it.

Good luck!

HP Recommended
I'm using Hp Pavillion 15 p077tx.. I couldn't able to detect wifi or lan after upgrading to win 10 pro from win7.. Only mobile tethering is connecting.. I even installed win 10 network drivers.. Though I'm experiencing the same prob.. Plz help me out soon...
HP Recommended

Thanks man it really solve the shutdown problem :smileyvery-happy 🙂

HP Recommended

The solution to the sleep/shutdown issues is the only one that has finally worked after months of searching out a solution. THANKS!!!

HP Recommended

Hello there! 

We are getting a bit desperate! We tried so many things (bios update, program download, modifying stuff in the bios...), nothing works or at least not for more than 1 day. When I saw your solution I thought I finally had it but... every time I try to download the older version of the MEI, I receive an error message. I tried to download the MEI from the HP website, from the Intel website, it doesn't work. 

Does anybody know a solution to "force" the program to install? 

Otherwise, I saw a potential solution on Youtube saying I had to go in the power button settings and click on a link for extra settings. But when I try it says I don't have the rights to do this. So, in the video, they say that I have to change the "user account control settings" which I've done but the problem remains.

We bought this HP Pavilion 17-f041nf Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) second hand. It was initially running on windows 8.1, I think, and the previous owner installed Windows 10. Before selling it, he reinitiallised the fabric settings. Could this be linked?  

Any help will be gratefully welcome, 

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Try going into Device Manager and under System Devices, locating the Intel Management Engine Interface.  Right-click on it and choose Uninstall.  Once that's done, restart your computer, which should automatically trigger a reinstall.  After that, follow the steps I posted again from the beginning and you may be able to install it this time.  (All the steps are important, so make sure you're sticking as closely to them as possible.)

Also, make sure you're downloading a version of the MEI driver that's compatible with your device since it could be a different one than mine.

If that doesn't work, it's possible this solution is not compatible with your PC.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I h vae HP envy 17 notebook , facing the same problem of waking up from sleep / hibernate after window 10 update. laptop needs to be cold restarted every time. so temporarily i changed the sleep power option as never and i dont close the lid.. very frustrating . i followed the steps provided but i couldnt find imei driver version 9. or 10 for wind 8.1.. when i downloaded it directly from intel site the set up file in the donwload zip didnt install.. so not sure where else to find the old drivers for this OS version.. pls help.. very very frustrating to leave laptop unsecured.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.