Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Sush-13 wrote:

I h vae HP envy 17 notebook , facing the same problem of waking up from sleep / hibernate after window 10 update. laptop needs to be cold restarted every time. so temporarily i changed the sleep power option as never and i dont close the lid.. very frustrating . i followed the steps provided but i couldnt find imei driver version 9. or 10 for wind 8.1.. when i downloaded it directly from intel site the set up file in the donwload zip didnt install.. so not sure where else to find the old drivers for this OS version.. pls help.. very very frustrating to leave laptop unsecured.

You have a newer model so it's possible this is a related issue with a different resolution. One thing to try would be going into Device Manager and uninstalling the current version of the IMEI driver on your computer, restarting to allow it to auto-reinstall, and then attempting to install the version you downloaded from Intel again.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your info. I've had this problem but it's OK now

HP Recommended

thank you infonya, very help me. got me i install windows 10, but a bit heavy to use. especially if for the internet often heavy mengoprasi daun bungkus papua

HP Recommended

My borther is having HP laptop and he is still using Windows 8 on it. But my laptop is Acer and its upgraded to Windows 10 automatically, after the updation i noticed some of the issues. I was using windows 8 too but it upgraded to 10 forcely i couldn't able to stop the updation unfortunately otherwise i won't let it update to the next windows. The Windows 10 isn't working fine in this laptop it slows the applicaitons and doesn't work smoothly like it used to work in windows 8.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.