Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 13-u004tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am Shaandeep Singh 

I have a problem with my hp laptop recently. I am just using my laptop normally and playing minecraft on it but eventually it start freezing and laging. I have wait for 1hrs but it still freezing. So I tried force shutdown and restart it. And after it works normally and but after some minutes it's again freezed then I noticed that my hdd white indicator light is not blinking and eventually it shows a Blue Screen of Death, Error code : "Kernel Data Inpage Error". Then I again do force shutdown and restart it and it boots normally but when lock screen showed i entered the password then after few seconds it's again show lock screen but that time it got stucked or freezed then I notice that again my hdd white indicator light is not blinking and again it's shows Blue Screen of Death, Error code : "Critical Process Died" and then I do force shutdown and restart again.

But when I restarted my laptop it showing boot screen but after few seconds my hdd white indicator light is not blinking and after some minutes it's show a screen saying that :

hard disk is not detected.

Please install and operating system on it

And Error code (3F0)

And etc.

Now what I can do to fix it and what are the issues with my laptop?

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Shaandeep 

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting!

This could be happening due to the following :

• - BIOS got reset and incorrect settings (mode)
  • - faulty Hard disk drive
  • - missing Hard disk drive (really no drive present physically)
  • - faulty cables/connectors (possible on theory  but highly unlikely)

Restore default BIOS settings:

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open an HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one.

3. Press F10  to open BIOS settings. Check all possible tabs/sections, find the option to restore/reset to default settings

4. Exit the BIOS with the option to save settings before exit  < Important <

If the above was performed but did not help and the same message appears upon PC start-up,

I would try to get the HDD out and see if it will be detected by another PC (if possible).

Try to reseat HDD to see if it will help. Here is how

Let me know if this helped... Looking forward to your reply. I will post further steps if not.

^ Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I tried default bios setting but It doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Hi @Shaandeep,

Thank you for your response, 

Provide the laptop serial number or the product number for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

^ Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.