Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G71 Notebook 4.00GB Memory
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently took my 2009 HP G71 Notebook back to factory reset. It was a good, clean reset from the reset prompts. It cleared out all the junk and the machine is much faster now!  I am adding back only the programs I will use daily which aren't many. One program, Google Earth will not download on my notebook. It will only let me download Google Earth Pro and all I get is the 'start-up' screen after downloading from the Google Earth website, no program, just the start-up screen. Not using 3rd party for download. Wondering why it will not download? What am I missing?

I also physically made Windows 7 Recovery CD disks, a set of 3 disks in case I needed them later. Since I was able to factory reset from the prompts, did not use them. I can use Google Earth from the web but it is missing quite a few details. It 'does not' show borders. And many times, it shows the town, city and business or area , but it doesn't show the state or country where that town, city, business or area is located.  Same with international borders or other country borders. Borders just will not show in my notebook while in Google Earth online site. GE calls it a 'web or mobile' program on their online site. Borders, USA and other country borders 'DO' show on my mobile phone from the web, mobile site.

My question, could I get a better do if I use the Recovery Disks I made early on? How do I fix this program on my HP G71 4 GB Memory, 64-bit notebook?

Idealy, I would like to have Google Earth as 'stand alone' program as in the past on my Notebook rather than using it from the GE website.   The website does me no good without borders.  Thank you!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I don't think it has anything to do with your Windows 7 installation. Can you open the Repair Tool in Google Earth?

https://support.google.com/earth/answer/6246289?hl=en&ref_topic=4363014

Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstall? I have seen some have success after reinstalling.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I don't think it has anything to do with your Windows 7 installation. Can you open the Repair Tool in Google Earth?

https://support.google.com/earth/answer/6246289?hl=en&ref_topic=4363014

Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstall? I have seen some have success after reinstalling.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.