Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook Model 14-an012nr

Hello

I own a HP Notebook Model 14-an012nr

I recently reset the computer a few days ago and it ran into a problem and couldn't reset all the way. It spent hours just flashing between the black Hp screen and a blank black screen. Then it finally went to the login screen but took a very long time to load and said preparing windows. After it logged in to my account the the screen was black with just the cursor. I looked up multiple ways to fix this and none of them worked. I did multiple diagnostics tests for every component of the computer and they all passed. I was then able to switch into the administrator account and do some things. I was able to set up a network connection by pressing ctrl alt and delete and doing it there. Through the control panel I was able to reach internet explorer in the default programs and download edge. Then when I opened edge, the taskbar and desktop appeared about 10 min after.  There was one problem left and that was that the nothing on the task bar would work such as the wifi, sound, or start menu icons. I was also not even able to access the settings.  I tried multiple solutions including ones on this website. Nothing worked.  Then the internet stopped working and there were no networks available. I tried using the device manager to delete the network adapter and to make it reappear again. It worked the first time and I was able to reconnect and then later the problem happened again. I tried my device manager solution and it just deleted it for good. I used the command prompt to try and do sfc /scannow and it said there was corrupted files but they couldn't do anything. I tried every solution I could find online so I try to do another reset to wipe out all files. It still had problems trying to reset and went right back to the hp and black screen flashing problem. Now every time I turn on the computer a blue screen appears after the HP screen that says your PC ran into an error we'll restart it for you.  The computer restarts and goes to a blue screen that says automatic repair your PC did not start correctly. Then it's just an ongoing loop between these two screens. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Quincy05

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.