Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp chromebook 14
Chrome OS
I'm stuck on the "corrupt" screen and would lie to be able to navigate to my Web store apps as I have the "recovery tool" app already on my system however my wireless mouse won't work for some reason and my mouse pad on the chromebook isnt working
As well?! Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thank you again for all of your help! I found one of my 8 gb flashdrives and a 16gb as well and my roommate come to find out has a laptop she let me borrow! It took 3 tries to download to the flash drive because if I wasn't physically sitting in front of her laptop it would eventually shut down. It took approx. 2 hours to download! Finally done, put the flashdrive in my chomebook, it verified and the next thing you know I got an error message!!! So once again I'm downloading, but on a different flash drive?! It's 5:26a.m. and I'm beat. I'm most likely going to cancel the download in the recovery utility, get some sleep and start again when I wake up!!! Geez what a long process this has already been...goodnite...I mean good morning!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Reinstall the Chrome OS to your Chromebook.

I have owned an HP Chromebook for a couple of years.

That has always been the simplest solution to issues I have had with it.

Create a recovery usb flashdrive on another Windows PC and boot to it.

If a wireless mouse won't work, then plug in a usb wired mouse to use and navigate to the recovery tool.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help. I'm aware of what the recovery process is thank you. I plugged a USB mouse in to no avail. I don't have anothe computer available to use so I'm trying to download the recovery tool to my SD card, however that's not working! When I click on any one of the links it takes me to the Web Store and won't let me download it as it says it's download to my desktop?! It has no other option but to share it and that's only to "google" or "gmail" and I've already done "gmail", I'm just so frustrated!!!
HP Recommended

A SD media card is not the best thing to use for recovery media. Use a USB flash drive for best results.

I never had trouble creating USB recovery when I used the Chrome book recocery app in the Chrome App store. The USB Recovery media  is all you need to bring your ChromeBook back to life.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromebook-recovery-utili/jndclpdbaamdhonoechobihbbiimdgai...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thank you again for all of your help! I found one of my 8 gb flashdrives and a 16gb as well and my roommate come to find out has a laptop she let me borrow! It took 3 tries to download to the flash drive because if I wasn't physically sitting in front of her laptop it would eventually shut down. It took approx. 2 hours to download! Finally done, put the flashdrive in my chomebook, it verified and the next thing you know I got an error message!!! So once again I'm downloading, but on a different flash drive?! It's 5:26a.m. and I'm beat. I'm most likely going to cancel the download in the recovery utility, get some sleep and start again when I wake up!!! Geez what a long process this has already been...goodnite...I mean good morning!
HP Recommended

@cherie1958

What is the specific error message that you see?

You need to be online and using a Google Chrome browser to get to the Chrome webstore.

Use the following link.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/apps

If you have a reasonable fast internet connection it only takes perhaps 10-15 minutes to create a Chromebook recovery flashdrive.

HP Recommended
HI there...well number 2 flash drive and I'm still getting the error message?! We don't Internet here at the house so I'm having to use my "hotspot". Unfortunately, because I let my roommate and her partner use it regularly, Ive gone passed my 28gb for the month which means t-mobile slows my connection way down!
Anyway im at my wits ends...I've down loaded the correct "recovery tool" twice now to no avail...
HP Recommended

Well... just wanted to share my experience with call HP?!  Because I just couldnt get any further with uploading the recovery utility i thought it best to HP support a call. The tech that i first talked with just as much called me a liar when I told him that back in 2014 because I didnt have access to a computer to make a recovery utility, he actually wewnt in and remotely took over my chromebook and restored it back to working order! The tech told me there was no way possible that that could have happened and that he had worked there and with chromebook for a very long time!!! Well while I was explaining to him that yes indeed it did take place he finds that it did take place in 2014 abd turns around and tells me "oh we no longer have that type of software"!!!! WHAT???? HP??? i asked for his supervisor and got one and the real reason is my warranty has lapsed that HP didnt want to help me!!! Really???!!! Lame!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.