Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavillion x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Keeps crashing got the blue screen offering to factory reset (I didn't do the hard reset just removed all apps files and information) it still continues to crash. Seems like it does it most when I move it around but also when I'm on it actively.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mindysue84 

There are a bunch of different models of this laptop.  While laptops are "portable", they really are supposed to be kept absolutely still while being used!

The older ones have Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) -- known as "spinners" due to the spinning disk inside the drive.  If you move these abruptly while the disk is being accessed, that can corrupt the filesystem on the drive -- and cause the laptop to crash.

Some of the newer ones have Solid State Drives (SSDs) and since these have no moving parts, they are not subject to the same problems.

It should not be crashing while you are using it, though.

How old is the laptop?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.