Mindysue84
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp lap top keeps crashing

HP Recommended
HP pavillion x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Keeps crashing got the blue screen offering to factory reset (I didn't do the hard reset just removed all apps files and information) it still continues to crash. Seems like it does it most when I move it around but also when I'm on it actively.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,802 32,924 3,070 7,576
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mindysue84 

There are a bunch of different models of this laptop.  While laptops are "portable", they really are supposed to be kept absolutely still while being used!

The older ones have Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) -- known as "spinners" due to the spinning disk inside the drive.  If you move these abruptly while the disk is being accessed, that can corrupt the filesystem on the drive -- and cause the laptop to crash.

Some of the newer ones have Solid State Drives (SSDs) and since these have no moving parts, they are not subject to the same problems.

It should not be crashing while you are using it, though.

How old is the laptop?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation