Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Small Update:

Was able to recover the bios using a flash drive. HP has a video on how to create your flash drive, just google HP Bios recovery and you'll find an official link to an HP support page. You can use the official driver from YOUR LAPTOP's support page to create a recovery flash drive.

Also, for people who weren't able to get to the bios recovery page, try this:

Remove Power Cable and HOLD Power button for 30 secs, once done follow the steps below,

1. PLUG IN the power cable

2. PLUG IN the USB flash drive into any one of your ports

3. WIn + B + Keep tapping the power button slowly(This was suggested by HP Tech and worked for me. The Hold power button for 1-2 seconds method  wasn't doing anything).

Important: I would suggest turning off windows update, my PC kept installing the corrupt BIOS again from windows update and I had to the BIOS recovery 3 times. I'm not sure how to remove the update. Any suggestions in this case are welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi there!

Have you all guys from this topic tried to change components or talk with the HP Phone support?

My last issue of black screen was with a Small-Form-Factor computer, that turned out to be a motherboard failure, also, the motherboards in your systems probably remained out of power or got some wrong files.

The easiest way always to update your bios is by unarchiving the .exe file and take only the file named as the driver name (example: sp65870.exe) and take the ".bin/.BIN" file from the .exe file (example:sp65870.bin / sp65870.BIN ). Never use your Windows OS as the update method it can turn with fatal motherboard errors. Always (or most of the time to almost always) is recommended to update your BIOS firmware through accessing the BIOS. I always updated my BIOS like that and it didn't finished with errors.

Regards,

CipINFINIT

HP Recommended

In this case, pretty sure the BIOS file itself was corrupt because all of us just used either the HP support assistant to update or windows update itself. So nothing we could've done to change the outcome OR corrupt/interrupt the update process in any way. Also, no doubt it's a BIOS issue because reverting the BIOS to the previous one restores the PC to working order just as it was prior.

HP Recommended

Firstly, thanks 8BitKerala for providing me with the correct BIOS file. My problem has been fixed now! 

I already sent my HP Victus to the shop where I purchased this laptop and they called HP Support in order to claim the warranty. The shop owner told me that HP Agent will come to their shop to see the problem and get rid of the problem by replacing the motherboard. The problem is, HP Support in my country told me that they didn't have the replacement motherboard as this laptop is a new model in my country. So the shop owner told me to wait for the replacement part HP Support ordered (from US I think) for about a week or more, just until 8BitKerala and ABWantsAnswer came up with the solution. Then, I rushed to the shop where my laptop had been and reflashes the BIOS file in front of the shop owner and he was surprised that this laptop finally turns on. 😁

For ABWantsAnswer on which his laptop reinstalled the corrupted BIOS file, I was also facing the same problem. I managed to get rid of the corrupt update by removing C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder. It's all good now. If you need the full step on how to get rid of the SoftwareDistribution folder, just reply me in this forum.

HP Recommended

Happy to know it's works for u ☺️

HP Recommended

Thanks Elyas, I googled it and deleted the contents of the folder. Stuff works perfectly now. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm also having same issue with my laptop but even caps lock button also not working will this method works for me. If it work please share the link.

HP Recommended

Requirements
1- F.9 BIOS “ https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp132501-133000/sp132831.exe
2- USB Pen Drive
3- A Windows 10 Running System

Follow Steps Carefullly

- Download Previous Version of BIOS EXE file by Above Link
- Install in Your another System
- Connect the USb pendrive
- After Installing and clicking some next button you have 3 option
- Choose create recovery USB flash drive
- Now Your Bootable BIOS USB drive is ready

These Steps for those people who have NOT able to run or open BIOS EXE after installing software by above link because some outdated or missing dll files

- Download This Zip [content removed] choose Free Download on Website
- Format a pendrive in fat32
- Extract the zip in Folder AND paste 3 File as it is in pendrive
- Rename your Pendrive to HP_TOOLS
- Now Your Bootable BIOS USB drive is ready

- Make sure your Victus power Off
- Now plug the power cable
- Connect your BIOS Bootable USB drive
- Now Press & hold Windows + B key with one hand and use another hand click on power Button just for 2 sec
- Remember to Press & hold Windows + B until u see somthing on screen
- Now your BIOS recovery program is started it takes 10 to 15 minutes

BUGGY BIOS UPDATE F.10 WAS ROLLBACKED BY HP ON 30/9/2021

IF U R ON WINDOWS 11 ITS HIGHLY RECOMMAND TO ROLLBACL TO WINDOWS 10 DUO ITS AUTO UPDATE FEATURE

STEPS
SETTING > RECOVERY > GO BACK TO WINDOWS 10

Note For some people when they turned on the laptop the bios update started again because of windows update . So in that case, First turn off wifi router when the Laptop turns on after this bios install then click pause updates for a week option in updates tab in settings or else just block Windows update in services app and disable startup of Hp Assist Services

HP Recommended

@Sankket12 wrote:

I recieved a bios update on the hp victus laptop and after the update was completed the laptop didn't booted the screen is just flashing by itself and there is no more firmware on the hp site that i can use to flash through usb 

Please help

I am also stuck there and I tried many things, some combination of them works some are not for me. But I don't want to try again to confirm 🙂

I've also found previous versions of BIOS to make bootable USB-flash. Download from this website :

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/ecommerce/victus-by-hp-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-e0000/2100371512/swItemId/ob-278696-1 

While doing my Win+B method I had USB with older BIOS sticked in USB port. Maybe it helped somehow. But I'm quite sure, that BIOS wasn't restored from USB drive.

HP Recommended

Can you please send me the link?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.